In a previous blog post, I shared the reason why you may be disappointed by the number of people who sign up for your virtual event through your emails.
One of the ways to increase email open rates from the industry standard of 17% is to create subject lines that prompt the person to take interest in reading your email.
So, I went into my shopping cart and looked at every broadcast email that has been sent to my list since 2007. I pulled the subject lines from emails that had an open rate of 17% or more. Here’s what I found:
- How to Write an Earthshattering Episode Title (Part 1) (27% open rate)
- The 4 Quickest Ways to Lose Friends Online (27% open rate)
- My Mother’s Stress-Free Christmas Tree (There’s a Biz Lesson, I Promise) (18% open rate)
- Why Mistakes Happen, Reason #2 (this is a biggie) (17% open rate)
- Why Mistakes Happen, Reason #1 (vid enclosed) (17% open rate)
- Why you’re making mistakes in your virtual support business (19% open rate)
- Read This If You’re a VA, OBM, VES, MP or PM (18% open rate)
- 3 Pitfalls of Social Media Traffic (20% open rate)
- 5 Ways to Attract Leads Using Social Media (19% open rate)
- The 7 Common Social Media Mistakes (22% open rate)
- 5 Ways to Market Your Virtual Event So It Sells-Out (18% open rate)
- 7 Quick Online Content Ideas (18% open rate)
- Can You Boost Your Business Hosting Virtual Events? (18% open rate)
- Are You In? (21% open rate)
- Why You Should Never Outsource Your Social Media Tasks (22% open rate)
- Why You Should Always Record Everything You Do or Say (27% open rate)
- Your Social Media Outsourcing Checklist (20% open rate)
- I was hoping to meet you… (19% open rate)
Feel free to model the subject lines above for the emails that you’ll send out to your list regarding your upcoming virtual event, telesummit or video summit. I also recommend that you get on the lists of the following people so you can see good email subject lines in action – Callan Rush, Milana Leshinsky, Lisa Sasevich, Sean D’Souza.